10. september 2010

if he's dumb enough to walk away, be smart enough to let him go

we lose the people we love because they are meant to love somone else.
we lose them because we are destined to find somebody else.
it is a simple fact that is sometimes hard to accept because we are to stubborn.
To stubborn to let go of something that dosen't belong to us anymore.


Today I realized that I had to let you go.
No that's not right, because I realized that some days ago..
but today I'm letting you go.

Today you are no longer that part of me that I need so bad.
You are no longer someone I will think about everyday.
And you might not even be the one I dream about.
I hope you don't regret it, the way you stopped talking to me,
because right now, I'm grateful that you did it.


I'm grateful for the way you stopped talking to me,
and for the way you changed.
It was not easy to let you go at first,
but finally I did.
I don't know if it was the boy with the shining eyes.
or that girl who told me to stop.
Maybe it was just you?
 Yeah, I think it was you.

You did this, all by your self
you helped me getting over you.
 somehow you did this.
Maybe it was the way you changed,
or the way you told me to move on.
Maybe it was a start when you stopped talking,
and maybe it was a closer step when you ignored my calls.
Maybe it was the way you told me we couldn't even be friends.

I hope we can be friends, I really do.
Just because I have let you go doesn't mean I don't wanna be friends with you.
I love the way we used to talk about things all night,
but right now we can't go back there.
It just dosen't work that way, thats why we start this friendship all over again.

Let's just be friends, that kind of friends who just talk random sometimes.
That kind of friends who laughs about silly jokes,
that kind of friends who don't see eachother so often,
but when they do they really have fun,
not that kind of fun we had, just fun.

Because friends are supposed to be having fun.
I'm not having fun with letting you go,
but I do it anyway.
I would never wound you the way you wound me,
and I think you know that.

I'm just letting you go now, let's be friends.
not bestfriends
not goodfriends
just friends.

 




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar